If you’re looking for short-term relief from high-interest credit card debt, the BankAmericard® MasterCard Credit Card may be for you. With a great introductory offer for balance transfers, you could save a significant amount compared to what you’re paying in interest for another card.
Read on for a review of when this card might be your golden ticket, and when you’d be better suited to look elsewhere.
- No annual fee
- 0% APR for balance transfers made within 60 days of account opening, applicable for 15 billing cycles—a great option for customers looking to get out of high-interest debt
- Comparatively lower interest rates, particularly for creditworthy borrowers (13.24% to 23.24% variable APR)
At a glance
BankAmericard® Credit Card
on Bank of America's website
- 0% introductory APR for 15 billing cycles on purchases, and any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After 15 billing cycles, Variable APR of 13.24% to 23.24% will apply.
- $0 introductory balance transfer fee for the first 60 days your account is open. After that, the fee for future balance transfers is 3% (min. $10).
- No annual fee.
- No penalty APR. Paying late won't automatically raise your interest rate (APR). Other account pricing and terms apply.
- Access your FICO® Score for free within Online Banking or your Mobile Banking app.
- Access to credit education on topics like using credit cards responsibly, budgeting and more.
- $0 Liability Guarantee—our assurance that you are not responsible for fraudulent charges on your account.
- The information related to BankAmericard Credit Card credit card has been compiled by Credible and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
13.24% - 23.24%
0% Balance Transfer Period
0% Purchase Period
Ongoing Variable APR
BankAmericard® Credit Card deep dive
The BankAmericard® Credit Card is a no-frills card with cost-saving benefits, especially for customers looking to transfer large balances.
Get it: If you’re holding a balance on a high-interest card and you’re unable to pay it off all at once, a balance transfer may be the solution—and this card is a good option for doing so
Customers approved for this card enjoy zero interest for balance transfers for 15 billing cycles, leaving a decent margin for you to get back on your feet and pay the total balance off before interest kicks in and starts compounding.
The BankAmericard® Credit Card offers a moderate interest rate, particularly for more qualified borrowers, so even if you’re not able to pay off the balance before the introductory 0% APR offer is up, the total interest you owe may be less than what you were paying on your old card.
Some of the benefits of the BankAmericard® Credit Card include:
- No annual fee: Unlike many credit cards on the market, the BankAmericard® Credit Card charges no annual fee. Assuming you make on-time payments, this means you’ll be positively building your credit, without paying for it
- Low introductory APR for balance transfers: This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers made within 60 days of when the account is opened. The 0% offer lasts for 15 billing cycles, after which point the Standard Variable APR of 13.24% to 23.24% will apply. Balance transfers are subject to a 3% fee or $10, whichever is more
- Monitor your credit score for free: BankAmericard® Credit Card customers have access to their FICO® score (updated monthly) via mobile or online banking. In addition to a current score, these portals show key factors influencing the score and offer tips for improving or maintaining it
- Relatively low interest: If you make a habit of carrying a credit card balance, this card could be a good option. The APR for the BankAmericard® Credit Card ranges from 13.24% to 23.24% for purchases (this number is higher for cash advances) based on your creditworthiness when you apply for the card. Your actual rate over time varies based on changes in the Prime Rate. This card has the lowest APR amongst all BankAmericard® products
Skip it: If you’re looking for a card that offers benefits beyond those for balance transfers. The BankAmericard® Credit Card is primarily beneficial for those looking to transfer balances from other cards with high interest rates
The BankAmericard® Credit Card doesn’t offer any sort of rewards for your spending. In addition, the introductory APR offer only applies to balance transfers—so any new purchases on the card will start accruing interest right away.
That said, given its lack of an annual fee, using the BankAmericard® Credit Card won’t cost you anything (as long as you pay it off each month), but it also won’t save you money or offer perks such as purchase protection or trip insurance.
Consider some of these drawbacks of the BankAmericard® Credit Card:
- The great intro APR isn’t for purchases: While BankAmericard® Credit Card customers receive 0% APR for balance transfers when they first get the card, this doesn’t apply to purchases, meaning you’ll start owing interest right away for any purchases you make on the card
- Cash advances don’t come cheap: If you’re planning to use this card for cash advances, plan to pay for it. The variable APR for cash advances with this credit card is between 16.24% to 26.24% based on creditworthiness when the account is opened for direct deposit and check cash advances. The APR for bank cash advances, which include ATM withdrawals, is 26.24%
- No rewards: If you have good credit, you’ll likely qualify for a card that offers rewards, which can add up to a significant amount of cash back or travel credits. The BankAmericard® Credit Card does not offer rewards
If you’re looking for a card to use for a balance transfer, the BankAmericard® Credit Card is a good option that offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 15 billing cycles, plus relatively good interest rates after that time period. The benefits of this card, however, don’t extend much further, as it does not offer rewards or any other perks beyond the introductory APR for balance transfers.
® Credit Card Review"/>