Our goal is to give you the tools and confidence you need to improve your finances. Although we receive compensation from our partner lenders, whom we will always identify, all opinions are our own. By refinancing your mortgage, total finance charges may be higher over the life of the loan.
Credible Operations, Inc. NMLS # 1681276, is referred to here as "Credible."
In 2007 Olympus Insurance entered the Florida homeowners insurance market. At the time, Florida had just recovered from back-to-back hurricane seasons. Many large insurance carriers exited the state, and Olympus was born. The company started by offering customizable homeowners policies with very competitive rates on Florida homes built within the last 20 years.
Seven years after their initial debut, Olympus joined the Citizens Insurance “takeout” program. The program relieves the state-run carrier of many high-risk property policies. By joining, Olympus gained a large number of policyholders and immediate name recognition across the sunshine state.
Here’s everything you need to know about Olympus home insurance:
- What’s protected with Olympus home insurance?
- Olympus details and reviews
- Filing a claim with Olympus
- Where is Olympus insurance available?
- Final thoughts
What’s protected with Olympus home insurance?
Olympus Insurance offers a customizable homeowners insurance package with both property and liability coverage for a variety of home values up to $5 Million in Total Insurable Value (TIV). Olympus also has a list of endorsements you can add-on to your policy:
- Increased Ordinance or Law
- Increased Personal Property
- Increased Mold Coverage
- Golf Cart Physical Damage and Liability
- Loss Assessment
- Permitted Incidental Occupancies (for at-home businesses)
- Personal Property Replacement Cost
- Structures Rented to Others — Other Structures (not attached to the main home)
- Personal Injury
- Scheduled Personal Property (for high-value items)
- Water Back-Up and Sewer Overflow
- Extended Dwelling Coverage (Coverage A)
- Animal Liability
- Sinkhole Loss Coverage (with inspection)
- Identity Recovery
- Spartan Enhanced Coverage
- Increased Limits for Other Structures (screened pool enclosures, carports)
Spartan Enhanced Coverage
Olympus promotes the purchase of this enhanced coverage option — with good reason. The Spartan Enhanced Coverage means you’ll have more coverage in the following areas:
- Jewelry/Watches ($5,000)
- Firearms ($5,000)
- Trailers ($5,000)
- Refrigerated Food Loss due to Power Interruption
- Lock Replacement
- Water Backup
- Fire Department Service Charges ($1,000)
- Identity Fraud/Credit Card Theft
- Personal Liability
- Medical Payments
- Personal Injury
If you’re looking to bump up your coverage in a very affordable way, look no further than the Spartan Enhanced Package.
Olympus details and reviews
Olympus Insurance runs its operations from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. They know the Florida homeowners needs and wants. They are A-rated by Demotech and, since 2016, have been accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and maintain an A+ rating today.
Filing a claim with Olympus
Olympus customers can file an electronic claim form via their policyholder portal, or by phoning the Olympus Claims Center: 866-281-2242.
Where is Olympus insurance available?
Olympus offers insurance coverage exclusively in Florida.
Olympus is a carrier that’s strictly focused on creating customizable homeowners, condo, and landlord/rental policies. They’ve maintained their niche by offering unique add-ons and expansive limits. Their rates are very competitive for homes built after 2010. Although Olympus is a relatively new insurer in the Florida market, they offer a competitive product with excellent coverage.
Disclaimer: All insurance-related services are offered through Young Alfred.