Learning how to reduce stress as a graduate student can help change your life in a number of ways. Here are some important reminders to help reduce stress and live a healthy life while in grad school:
1. Schedule Your Day – Getting a grasp on how much time you have can help improve efficiency during your long week and give you more time to do things that give you piece of mind.
2. Drink Tea – Tea is full of antioxidants that can help boost your immune system leaving you healthy to tackle your next assignment. Not to mention tea can help relax you while keeping you awake.
3. Save Time With Electronics – Optimize your day by taking advantage of the technology base you have at your fingertips. Setting reminders and monitoring your fitness on your phone are just two prime examples of how technology can help you keep your mind at ease.
4. Have A Study Buddy – Your cohort peers best understand what you are going through during graduate school. Having a buddy that you can study with and laugh about the pain will help keep your stress on a superficial level.
5. Look To A Mentor – Guidance can help you understand the positive outcomes that will result after these stressful times. Talk with your mentor regularly to keep a positive outlook.
6. Enjoy The Holidays – Holidays are a time to rest and not stress. Trying to work over breaks will hurt you more than it will help you. Enjoy the time with the family so you can be at your best when it really matters.
7. Take Time To Be Yourself – We all have our quirky habits and they are nothing to be ashamed of. Stay true yourself and make time for yourself instead of pleasing others.
8. Rest Up For A New Day – Not getting enough sleep with ultimately do yo more harm than good. Unhealthy habits will catch up with you and lead to an increased stress level.
9. Wake up to the joys refinancing your student loans can bring!