Some cards are from Credible partners.
In order to choose the best rewards credit card, you need to first figure out what you’re looking to get out of it. But narrowing down the best cards, out of the hundreds out there, is no small feat. Don’t worry — we’ve done the hard work for you.
We compared a variety of different cards, evaluating them based on their annual fees, APRs, Credible Rewards Points Value and other details, to bring you some of the best rewards credit card of 2018.
Best for frequent flyers rewards
$95 Annual Fee
Fee waived the first year
$625 Welcome Offer Value
As of 04/2018
1 Point Per Dollar
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
on Chase's website
Offering 2x points on travel and dining purchases, no foreign transaction fees, and 25% more in value when rewards points are redeemed for travel, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® is a frequent traveler’s dream card.
Come for the 50,000 point sign-up bonus (as long as you spend $4,000 in the first three months), and stay for the 2X points on travel and dining, and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Also, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® waives the $95 annual fee for the first year.
- 2x rewards on travel and dining purchases; that’s 2 points for every $1 spent
- A 50,000 point sign-up bonus, as long as you spend $4,000 in the first three months.
- No foreign transaction fees – great for cardholders who frequently travel abroad
- 1:1 point transfer to partner airlines and hotels, like Southwest or Hyatt
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® is a great general travel rewards card, but it doesn’t offer benefits like free checked bags and priority boarding, which some airline specific cards offer. And if you don’t spend much money on travel and dining, that $95 annual fee might not be worth it for you.
Want to know more about the Chase Sapphire Preferred®? Read our full review here.
Best for a generous first-year bonus offer
$0 Annual Fee
Fee for maintaining card
$0 Welcome Offer Value
As of 04/2018
1.5 Miles Per Dollar
Discover it® Miles
With a generous welcome bonus, ongoing rewards for all of your purchases and no annual fee, the Discover it® Miles credit card has a lot going for it.
With the Discover it® Miles, you can earn unlimited 1.5x miles on every dollar you spend, regardless of purchase category (including online shopping!) and you also won’t have to worry about accruing any late fees or foreign transaction fees.
Not only does the Discover it® Miles have no annual fee, it makes it simple to earn and redeem rewards. The Discover it® Miles also has no blackout dates or restrictions on where you spend your Miles.
- We’ll match all the Miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year. For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles.
- Unlimited 1.5x Miles per dollar on all purchases, every day, with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates – fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts-Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No Annual Fee.
The ability to earn 1.5x unlimited points regardless of category is great, but it’s not as high a rewards rate as some other cards offer. The Discover it® Miles may also be a difficult card to qualify for if you have poor credit.