Credible Personal Loan Best Rate Guarantee
Close with a better rate than you prequalify for on Credible and get a $200 gift card. Terms Apply.
How it Works
Credible wants you to have confidence that you’re receiving access to the lowest interest rate in the market when you get a personal loan with a lender through the Credible Website.
These are a few important details to know, but make sure to read the full Terms and Conditions below to ensure you understand and follow the requirements of this Promotion.
- Only personal loan offers are eligible for this Best Rate Guarantee
- The Better Rate must be received within 8 days after receiving prequalified rates on Credible;
- The Better Rate must be from a lender that does not offer prequalified options on the Credible Website;
- The Better Rate claim must be submitted to Credible within 10 days after receiving prequalified rates on the Credible Website;
- The Better Rate must be for an offer of credit that is based on the same information submitted on the Credible Website and for a Similar Loan Offer; and
- Close the loan that is the subject of the Claim (and not later cancel the loan) within thirty (30) days of the prequalification request made on the Credible Website; and
- After closing with the lender that offered you the Better Rate, you will have 7 days to submit to Credible proof of closing and funding of the loan.
Reach out to our dedicated Best Rate Guarantee support team at [email protected]
Credible Best Rate Guarantee Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility Period
The Promotion commences on January 17, 2019 until otherwise discontinued or amended by Credible (“Eligibility Period”).
2. Eligible Participant
In order to be eligible for the Promotion (an “Eligible Participant”) you must:
ii. Receive your prequalified rate options on the Credible Website prior to commencing your application for a personal loan with a lender that is the subject of your Claim (defined below);
iii. Produce evidence of a Better Rate (defined below) for a Similar Loan Offer (defined below) in accordance with the “Claims Process” (defined below) specified in these Terms;
iv. Receive the Better Rate for a Similar Loan Type no more than 8 days after you received your prequalified personal loan rates on the Credible Website (“8 Day Period”);
v. The Better Rate must be from a lender that does not offer prequalified options on the Credible Website;
vi. The Better Rate claim must be submitted to Credible within 10 days after receiving prequalified rates on the Credible Website;
vii. Submit the same information to Credible to receive the prequalified personal loan options as you did the lender that is the subject of the Claim (defined below). Examples of the information that must be the same are as follows (this is not an all-inclusive list): loan amount, personal details, income. You will be required to submit evidence that the information for the requests were the same, upon request by Credible; and
viii. Close the loan that is the subject of the Claim (and not later cancel the loan) within thirty (30) days of the prequalification request made on the Credible Website;
ix. After closing with the lender that offered you the Better Rate, you will have 7 days to submit to Credible proof of closing and funding of the loan.
3. Similar Loan Offer
A “Similar Loan Offer” is (i) an unsecured personal loan offer without a co-signer from a lender not participating on the Credible Website at the time you requested prequalified rates for a personal loan on the Credible Website (“Other Lender”); (ii) for which you have received an offer of credit (i.e. your hard credit has been pulled) during the Eligibility Period (“Offer”); and (iii) and the Offer consisted of a better APR (“Better Rate”) with the Same Amount Requested on the Credible Website, Same Term, Same Rate Type and Same Repayment Type.
The measure of comparison for a Better Rate shall be a loan rate’s APR compared to the lowest personal loan option presented to you on the Credible Website. Only the base APR will be used for comparison (e.g., ACH/autopay discounts and loyalty discounts will not be considered as part of the comparison).
The loan must be for:
- The same amount requested on the Credible website (“Same Amount Requested”);
- The same loan term (i.e., number of years) as the comparable loan product that you were prequalified for on the Credible Website (“Same Term”);
- The same rate type (fixed, variable, other) as the prequalified option you received on the Credible Website (“Rate Type”); and
- The same repayment rate type (full repayment vs gradual/interest only) as the pre-qualified option you received on the Credible Website (“Repayment Type”).
4. Excluded Offers
i. One-time or special promotional Offers; and
ii. Offers which are not available to the general public (i.e., no offers from credit unions which are only available to members).
5. Claims Process
To Claim your Best Rate Reward you must:
Submit the Claim Form within ten (10) days of receiving your prequalified options for a personal loan from one or more lenders on the Credible Website (setting forth that you meet the eligibility requirements herein; and
Email [email protected] proof of the funding of your personal loan within seven (7) days of the date the loan funding.
Upon review of the Claim and the determination that you have met all eligibility requirements, Credible will contact you to arrange payment of your Best Rate Reward.
6. Communications about the Promotion
All communications relating to the guarantee claim must be made in writing to: [email protected]
7. All Decisions are Final
Credible reserves the right to request additional information to confirm your eligibility and the veracity of all Claims and you agree to provide such information as a condition of participation in the Promotion. All decisions regarding eligibility and any other determination of issues relating to the Promotion are at the sole and absolute determination of Credible, which are final and binding.
Your participation in the Promotion is solely as an independent contractor. Neither you nor Credible intend to establish an employment relationship and you are not entitled to any benefits.
If any provision in these Terms is held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and shall not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Credible reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion or a Participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion at any time and for any reason, without prior notice.