Some cards are from Credible partners.
With a balance transfer card you’ll want to carefully evaluate a few factors in order to decide what is best card for you:
- Do you also want to get a break on accruing interest for a period of time to make a big purchase or to get a break from interest on your everyday purchases?;
- Are you also interested in earning rewards? or
- Are you trying to find a card that will not charge a fee for the balance transfer in addition to offering a break on the interest?
We compared a variety of different cards, evaluating them based on their fees, rewards rates, APRs, balance transfer durations, and other details, to bring you some of the best balance transfer credit cards of 2018, as well as what each offers.
Best for no-fee balance transfer
0% Balance transfer period
0% Purchase period
14.49% - 24.49%
Ongoing variable APR
BankAmericard® Credit Card
on Bank of America's website
If you don’t want to pay any interest or fees for a balance transfer, the BankAmericard® Credit Card is a card you should consider. This card offers a 0%, zero fee balance transfer for the first 60 days. After that, the fee jumps to 3% or $10, whichever is greater. With no annual fee, a 15 month 0% introductory APR offer, and no penalty APR for paying late, this is a solid choice for anyone looking to pay down their existing debt.
The no fee transfer offer for the first 60 days along with a generous 0% introductory APR offer of 15 months is what makes the BankAmericard® Credit Card a great balance transfer card.
- 0% APR for both purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months, after which interest increases to 13.24% – 23.24% variable APR based on your creditworthiness
- $0 introductory fee for transactions and balance transfers made within 60 days of opening your account, after that your fee is either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- No penalty APR. Paying late won’t automatically raise your APR
If you’re looking for a rewards card as well as a balance transfer offer, then this card is not the best for you. The BankAmericard® Credit Card offers no rewards for spending.