Our goal is to give you the tools and confidence you need to improve your finances. Although we receive compensation from our partner lenders, whom we will always identify, all opinions are our own. Credible Operations, Inc. NMLS # 1681276, is referred to here as "Credible."
Personal loans are versatile tools that can be used to fund a variety of your financial needs, ranging from debt consolidation to home improvements.
Compare personal loan rates
Finding the best loan rates takes less than 2 minutes. Checking won’t affect your credit score.
Tips for finding the right personal loan for you
- Know what you need. While personal loans are versatile, some lenders may limit what they can be used for. In general, lenders tend to avoid offering personal loans for business or college expenses. Common uses for personal loans include debt consolidation, funding home improvements, paying for medical bills, and covering the costs of weddings and vacations.
- Know where your credit stands. Your credit score determines your ability to qualify for a loan. The higher your credit score, the lower the interest rate you’ll qualify for and the more likely your loan application will be approved. You can check your credit report for free with each of the three main credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) at AnnualCreditReport.com. Make sure to check for errors — like incorrect late payments or charge-offs — and dispute them with appropriate bureau to potentially raise your score.
- Improve your credit score. Checking your credit report before you submit a loan application will give you the opportunity to find areas for improvement. You can boost your score by making all of your payments on time, paying down existing debt, and lowering your credit utilization ratio.
- Compare lenders. When shopping around for a personal loan, it’s important to consider as many lenders as possible. This will help you make sure you find the best loan for your unique financial situation. Consider not only APRs and repayment terms, but also any fees the lender charges.
- Check the details. It’s important to understand what you’re getting into. Some lenders may charge late payment fees or prepayment penalties, or they may not offer flexible repayment terms. This is why it’s crucial to read the fine print before signing a loan agreement.
Current personal loan rates
Here are the current personal loan rates from Credible partner lenders:
Partnered with top personal loan lenders, Credible gives you the tools to find the best loan for your needs. Using Credible, you can get prequalified for free in about two minutes.