Some cards are from Credible partners.
Sometimes you don’t need all the bells and whistles – just a low fee, low-interest rate card to get the job done. But keep in mind, often these low-interest rate cards require a good to excellent credit score to get approved.
Take a look at some of the best low-interest credit cards for 2018 below.
Best for a long 0% APR period
Balance transfer fee
Balance transfer intro APR
Intro balance transfer period
Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever
on Citibank's website
The Citi Simplicity Card offers cardholders a whopping 18 months of 0% interest as long as you don’t miss a payment or exceed the late payment limit. The added benefit is that this card also offers 18 months of 0% APR on balance transfers completed within four months from the date of account opening.
Along with the longest introductory 0% interest period we’ve seen, the Citi Simplicity Card also has no late fees (although, remember that missing multiple payments will negatively impact your credit score.)
- 0% introductory APR for 18 months from account opening for purchases and balance transfers. Once the introductory period is over, you will pay a variable APR of 15.24% to 25.24%* (variable), based on your creditworthiness*
- No annual fee
- No late fees or penalty rates
The Citi Simplicity Card has a fantastic 0% interest period, but you will still be charged balance transfer fees of $5 or 3%, whichever is greater, on every transfer you make. So if you’re looking for a 0% interest card in order to transfer a large amount of debt, you will want to calculate the potential savings against the cost of the transfer to see if this is the best move for you.
You can learn more about the Citi Simplicity Card in our full review here.
Best sign up bonus
$0 Annual Fee
Fee for maintaining card
$150 Welcome Offer Value
As of 01/2018
1% Cash Back
BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
on Bank of America's website
With the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card, cardholders can take advantage of 12 months of 0% APR, earn 2% cash back on groceries and 3% on gas, and enjoy $150 sign-up bonus when you spend $500 within 90 days of account opening.
For a no annual fee cash back credit card that has no annual fee, 0% APR for 12 months, plus cumulative bonuses for Bank of America customers, look no further than the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- No annual fee, 0% APR for 12 billing cycles after which point the interest rate becomes 14.24% to 24.24%, based on creditworthiness when the account was opened
- 2% cash back on groceries and 3% on gas; that’s $2 for every $100 in groceries and $3 for every $100 in gas, up to a cumulative $2,500 in these categories per quarter (the rewards rate drops to 1% after $2,500)
- $150 sign-up bonus when you spend $500 within 90 days of account opening
- Extra redemption bonuses (10-75%) for Bank of America customers who receive their bonus in a Bank of America account; the more money you keep with them, the higher your bonus
If you bank elsewhere, spend significantly more than the $2,500 quarterly cap on groceries and gas, or travel is where you make your big spends, then other cards may better suit your credit card needs.
Is the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card the right fit for you? Learn more here.