Whether you’re headed off to college for the first time or continuing your pursuit of a degree, you’re here because you have questions about how to pay for school. We have the answers.
Let’s start with student loan basics
All about federal loans
If you need to borrow for college, you have a lot of options to learn about, and your first stop should those provided by the government.
Understand the differences between federal loans:
- If you must borrow for college, start with subsidized student loans
- Hidden costs of federal direct unsubsidized student loans
- The perils of PLUS loans
- For-profit colleges gorging on Parent PLUS loans
When to turn to private student loans
Once borrowers hit their limits on the most affordable government student loans, it’s worth taking a look at what private lenders have to offer.
How to compare different types of government and private student loans:
- How and when to use private student loans to fill college funding gaps
- Can you take out student loans for living expenses?
- APR vs. interest rate: what’s the difference?
- Most parents now expect kids will have to take out student loans
How to use Credible
Because rates on private student loans depend on the creditworthiness of the borrower or cosigner, it’s important to find out what rates you can actually qualify for.
How cosigners can help students get better rates:
- Cosigners are helping borrowers get better rates on student loans
- What are my repayment options for private student loans?
- Fixed vs. variable rate loans: Know the difference
- How Credible vets the lenders who compete for your business
- Credible reviews validate marketplace approach to student loans
Ready to find the best private student loan?
Credible simplifies private student loans by letting you compare rates from many of the best lenders in minutes. Check your rates today.